You can maintain your credit and debit card details:
The quickest way to maintain your credit and debit details is through our Online servicesExternal Link for individuals. All you need is a myGov account linked to the ATO.
When providing your credit and debit card details we need the:
- card holder name
- card number (no spaces or hyphens)
- expiry month and year
- CCV number – this three-digit number on the back of the card.
When entering the card holder name, include spaces between each word and initials where required – for example, John Q Citizen.
Steps to maintain your card details
To maintain your credit and debit card details:
- sign in to your myGov account and select ATO
- from ATO Online services, select My profile then select Manage card details.
This will display any stored cards and the status of each card - for example, unusable, expired, or expiring soon. A maximum of three cards can be stored.
- select Add to enter a new credit or debit card, or click on the arrow to the right of a stored card to Edit or Remove card details
- tick the box to agree to sign the declaration with the identification details you used to log-in
- select Save.
To maintain your credit and debit card details by phone you must be the card holder.
If you're the card holder, call us during operating hours to speak to a customer service representative.
When you call us, we'll confirm your identity by asking you some questions based on information from your tax records.
You will need to know one of the following :
- your personal tax file number (TFN)
- Australian business number (ABN).
For details about the information we collect see Privacy notice – Maintain credit and debit cards.How to maintain your credit or debit card details.