You can access your clients' Australian business number (ABN) details online using the Australian Business Register (ABR).
- change secure ABN information (for example, postal address and public officer) and receive confirmation of the change in the same internet session
- apply for a tax file number (TFN)
- register for pay as you go (PAYG) or goods and services tax (GST)
- cancel an ABN.
If your ABN changes
Changes to your tax or BAS agent registration can lead to a change in your ABN.
If this happens, you'll need to make sure:
- your ABN details are updated in the ABR
- the correct ABN is linked to your myGovID in RAM.
- myGovID and RAM for tax professionals
- Access Manager
- Tax Practitioners Board – registration and renewalExternal Link
- Online security
- Technical support
Find out about:Tax professionals can access client's Australian business number details online using the Australian Business Register.