Non-lodgment advice is used to notify us that a return isn't necessary or further returns aren't necessary. It is only available when your client isn't required to lodge a particular tax return or aren't required to lodge any future tax returns.
This function will:
- display eligible financial years for non-lodgment advice
- automatically process the non-lodgment advice
- provide real time validation.
If your client is not eligible for non-lodgment advice, details will be available about what lodgment is required.
To submit a non-lodgment advice from the client or the agent home page:
- select a client
- select Income tax then Not lodged
- select A return is not necessary.
To complete the non-lodgment advice, you must either:
- select the relevant eligible financial years
- select All if all years are eligible.
If your client is no longer required to lodge you can submit Further returns not necessary (FRNN):
- for the current year select Client has no obligation to lodge future income tax returns
- previous years will require either a non-lodgment advice or lodgment
- select the Declaration then Submit
- the receipt will display
- select Print friendly version to print or save a copy.
You can also view our Submit a non-lodgment advice in Online services for agents video.