The search field is in the top right corner of your screen. To search with:
- an identifier, type the full TFN, ABN, WPN or EIN then enter to go to their Client summary
- a client or entity name, use the first 3 or more characters of any word within the name, such as part of the non-individual name or the individual's first, middle or last name.
- Predictive text will show results after you type 3 characters and then refine the search results as more characters are entered.
- Select the client to go to their Client summary or enter to go to Advanced search to further refine the search.
- This starts after you've entered 3 or more characters.
- It displays up to 10 matches. To see all matches, use the scroll bar in the list.
- If you select enter you'll go to Advanced search. To go directly to a client in the quick search field select the client.
- You may be taken to Advanced search when you select a client, if there are numerous clients with that name.
You can select Advanced search under the search field in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
In Advanced search you can:
- search using the client's first name, surname or entity name
- select View all my clients to view your client list (you can also click the View client list link under search, visible on all screens or a quick link, if customised on the home page, to view your whole client list)
- filter by one or more of the following fields
- Relationship – select All or Payroll only clients
- Entity type – select All, Individual, Company, Partnership, Trust, Government or Super fund
- Tax product – select All, Activity statement, Income tax, Fringe benefits tax or Excise
- Communication type – select Activity statement lodgments, Income tax, Activity statement related, Study and Training support loans, Superannuation, Debt or Employer and Business obligations.
When Activity statement lodgments is chosen, 2 further fields will display
- Destination – select Client, Practice, No Preference set
- Channel – select All, Digital, Paper, myGov
- select Search to view the search results
- select 10, 25, 50 or 100 from Results per page drop-down menu. This page will default to your last selection. For example, if you select 100 clients per page the system will default to display 100 until you change it
- select or deselect the Favourite star to add or remove a client from your favourite client list
- select the client's identifier to go to their Client summary
- select Download and choose CSV or HTML for a downloadable copy of the search results – you'll need to have bulk download permission in Access Manager to print or save the search results as a HTML or CSV
- if you have more than 10,000 clients, download clients into separate lists using the following filters
- 'Entity type'
- 'Tax product'
- save each file separately then you can combine the downloadable data into one file.
To make a change to a client's Activity statement lodgment – Destination, update 'Communication preferences' under Activity statement lodgment notifications.
You can return to the top of this Online services for agents user guide for help on other areas.