This webinar recording discusses the excess transfer balance (ETB) determination process and suggests what funds can do to support members who have exceeded their transfer balance cap.
Media: [Excess Transfer Balance Determination webinar]
https://tv.ato.gov.au/ato-tv/media?v=bd1bdiunn51gisExternal Link (Duration: 49:36)
Topics discussed include:
- an explanation of the ETB determination and the default commutation notice
- how an individual can see everything that makes up their transfer balance account, including
- what they can see
- what they can do with the information
- key dates your members should be aware of, including
- why the dates are important
- suggestions you can make to a member if they don’t think these dates can be met
- the ETB tax assessment process and how this may impact your members.
- Understanding Excess Transfer Balance Determination (Webinar Recording)External Link to download a copy of the presentation slides and the video transcript.