For information about adding a client and how to remove a client from your practice list, including the details you need to update so we no longer contact you about the client. Refer to:
- Add client – Online services for agents
- Remove client – Online services for agents
- Client update – practitioner lodgment service (PLS).
You can use the PLS client update transaction to advise us about a return not necessary (RNN) for a specific year or further returns not necessary (FRNN) for tax returns for all future years. RNNs and FRNNs are also known as a non-lodgment advice. You can also use Online services for agents to lodge a non-lodgment advice for your eligible clients.
Lodging an FRNN advice will not remove your registered agent number from the client's records.
You cannot lodge an RNN for regulated super funds as it is compulsory for this entity type to lodge a fund tax return unless it was wound up in a prior year. This function is unavailable in Online services for agents and PLS to ensure that if lodgment does not occur, we will take compliance action.
You can download various reports to help with your clients' lodgment obligations:
- Practitioner lodgment service
- Online services for agents – On demand reports
- Income tax lodgment status report (current year + previous 3 years)
- Outstanding activity statements report (current year + previous 3 years).
Accessing client lists in PLS
You can obtain reports through the PLS, including client lists and due lodgment reports.How to use Online services for agents or practitioner lodgment service (PLS) to manage your client list and lodgments.