Media: Cash Flow Coaching Kit
https://tv.ato.gov.au/ato-tv/media?v=bi9or7odb1p7tgExternal Link (Duration: 01:00)
Benefits of the Cash Flow Coaching Kit
The Cash Flow Coaching Kit is an evidence-based framework that:
- gives small businesses clear action to help them meet their financial commitments, including their tax and super obligations
- turns cash flow theory into practical solutions by focusing on 4 key questions
- Are your clients trading profitably?
- Have they put enough money aside to meet their regular financial commitments?
- Does their business have enough to spend on themselves and pay others?
- Is their business getting ahead or falling behind?
- will help all business types at any stage of the business lifecycle.
Advisers can use the kit to deliver one-to-one or group coaching sessions.
It contains 5 tools to help guide cash flow conversations with small business clients:
- Health check – 10 questions to build understanding of the health of a business and identify potential knowledge gaps.
- Discover topics – introduce key cash flow concepts to help clients identify how cash flow issues emerge to create effective cash flow management practices.
- Cash flow canvas – a one-page visual tool showing how cash flows through a business.
- Change levers – conversation prompts and scenarios to show clients how to improve cash flow, increase cash-in and reduce cash-out of a business.
- Action checklist – record the actions covered in the coaching session to help your client meet their goal to improve cash flow.
You can access the kit in the following formats:
- Cash Flow Coaching Kit instructional coaching cards on business.gov.auExternal Link
- digital Cash Flow Coaching Kit at cashflowcoachingkit.com.auExternal Link
- desktop app that can be used offline by selecting Download free desktop app for Windows at cashflowcoachingkit.com.auExternal Link
- paper kit or downloadable PDF using the ATO Publication Ordering ServiceExternal Link and searching for ‘Cash Flow Coaching Kit – for advisers' (NAT 75239-10.2019)
- open source code for the digital version available on GitHubExternal Link.
Advisers can watch a series of videos and attend a live webinar to learn more about using the kit:
- Digital Cash Flow Coaching Kit (14:55)External Link – introductory recorded webinar
- Digital Cash Flow Coaching Kit - Lachlan Case Study (16:17)External Link – how to use the cash flow canvas
- Introduction to the Cash Flow Coaching Kit (8:10)External Link – how to use the paper kit
- Case study Cash Flow Coaching Kit (11:53)External Link – how to have a cash flow conversation
- The collection of in-depth show-me-how videos outlining how to use tools in the kit are on atoTVExternal Link.
Register for a webinar
For details and to register for a live, interactive webinar, see Cash Flow Coaching Kit – 1 hour introductory sessionExternal Link. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email.
Times listed will be in:
- Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) from April to September
- Australian Eastern Daylight-saving Time (AEDT) from October to March.
For more information, email email@example.com.The Cash Flow Coaching Kit is a resource for advisers to help small businesses manage their cash flow and stay viable.