We research your attitudes to and opinions about the way we administer the tax and super systems. This is conducted mainly through phone and online surveys, discussion groups and individual interviews. Sometimes we contact you directly, but we usually engage research companies to work on our behalf.
You can confirm an invitation is current and from the ATO, by checking current research projects.
Our research falls into two broad groups: regular (or ongoing) surveys and one-off research projects.
We regularly conduct surveys to monitor perceptions about the way we administer the tax and super systems and to gauge satisfaction levels with how we operate. We consult with the general community, the business community as well as tax professionals and intermediaries.
One-off research projects
We conduct research projects on specific aspects of the tax system, including:
- our service channels (such as phone and web)
- the services we provide
- our tax and super advice and information.
How we use our research
We use research to, for example:
- monitor whether our services are keeping pace with community expectations
- find out how we can make it easier for people to meet their tax obligations
- understand the attitudes and behaviours associated with compliance with tax and super laws
- seek opinions on the design and content of our educational and information products.
We research your attitudes to and opinions about the way we administer the tax and super systems, using either reputable market research companies or our own research expertise. Before you participate in any survey, discussion group or interview, you can check if it is really our research.