Show download pdf controls
  • Declaration for representative

    You can arrange for a representative to complete the forms on your behalf. Depending on the state or territory the property is in, these could include a conveyancer or solicitor.

    If you want a representative to submit the forms on your behalf, you must complete a signed declaration stating:

    • you have authorised your representative to submit the form
    • the information is true and correct
    • that, if your representative is a conveyancer, you are aware that your representative is not a registered tax agent or Australian legal practitioner and they cannot provide tax agent or legal services.

    You can give this declaration to your representative in email, fax or paper form. You need to keep the declaration (or a copy) for up to five years. We recommend your representative also keeps a copy of the declaration for their own records. Paper declarations can be scanned and stored electronically. Don't send your declaration to us unless we ask for a copy.

    You should be aware that penalties may be imposed for giving false or misleading information.

    Example of a declaration

    I, [name of client], authorise [name of representative] to prepare and submit the GST property settlement withholding notification and GST property settlement date confirmation [remove one document if authority has not been given to submit both] to the Commissioner of Taxation on my behalf.
    I declare that the information provided for the preparation of the document is true and correct.
    [For conveyancers only] I am aware that [name of representative] cannot provide tax agent or legal services.
    I am authorised to make this declaration.
    [Insert for email declaration] Type full name and date
    [Insert for paper declaration] Signed: Date:

    Find out about:

      Last modified: 26 Oct 2018QC 55781