Show download pdf controls
  • Report unpaid super contributions from my employer

    You can use the online tool to let us know your employer hasn't met their super guarantee obligations.

    Use this tool to let us know your employer has:

    • not paid your super
    • paid your super late
    • paid your super to the incorrect fund.

    We'll investigate your employer based on the information you provide.

    Reporting unpaid super for a recent period

    We can only investigate an enquiry about unpaid super for a period once the employer’s due date for lodgment to us has passed. This means that if your enquiry includes any period within the current quarter, we cannot investigate unpaid super for that period. Refer to the table below to check the relevant due date for lodgment to us has passed.

    All other periods submitted will be investigated. You can lodge an enquiry for the current quarter after the 'lodgment due date to the ATO' has passed. For example, if you are lodging your enquiry to include the period 1 July 2018 to 30 September 2018, this cannot be investigated until after the lodgment due date of 28 November 2018. You can lodge another enquiry for this period after the lodgment due date.

    Due dates for lodgment



    Payment due date to funds

    Lodgment due date to the ATO


    1 July – 30 September

    28 October

    28 November


    1 October – 31 December

    28 January

    28 February


    1 January – 31 March

    28 April

    28 May


    1 April – 30 June

    28 July

    28 August

    Report unpaid super contributions from my employer

    Information you need

    You'll need to enter information relevant to your unpaid super enquiry, including:

    • your personal details – including tax file number (TFN)
    • the period of your enquiry
    • your employer's details – including Australian business number (ABN).

    You can usually locate your employer's ABN on your last payment summary or payslip, or on their business letterhead stationery. If you don’t have these documents, you can use ABN LookupExternal Link to search for your employer’s ABN.


    When you lodge an unpaid super enquiry, we will ask for permission to use your name when contacting your employer (in some instances we may not be able to proceed with your enquiry or there may be delays if permission is not provided).

    You may qualify for protection as a tax whistleblower when reporting unpaid super contributions from your employer. Providing us with permission to use your name does not exclude you from being considered a tax whistleblower. There are certain conditions that need to be satisfied in order to be considered a tax whistleblower.

    If you would like to keep your identity confidential, you can make a disclosure by completing the tip-off form. The form is available on our website at, alternatively you can find the form in the contact us section of the ATO App or you can phone in your tip-off on 1800 060 062.

    Once you've entered this information, click the Submit button to lodge your enquiry. You'll receive a receipt number confirming your submission was successful.

    Keeping you informed

    We'll keep you updated about the progress of your enquiry by letter or email.

    Letters will be sent to your myGov inbox or the postal address you have provided. This may include the address of a person you have nominated to act on your behalf such as your tax agent. You should consider updating your contact details if you do not want that person to be aware of your enquiry.

    See also:

    Who can use this tool

    Anyone can use this tool to let us know their employer has not met their super guarantee obligations.

    If you're unsure whether you're entitled to super guarantee contributions, or whether your employer has paid the correct amount – you can use our Am I entitled to super and Estimate my super tools to check.

    See also:

    Last modified: 15 Mar 2021QC 50278