Show download pdf controls
  • Who can apply for SMSF specific advice?

    You, as trustee, can apply for SMSF specific advice for your own SMSF.

    Alternatively, someone else can apply on your behalf. For example, a tax agent, approved auditor or a legal personal representative can apply if you give them written authority to do so. If you give someone written authority to apply for SMSF specific advice on your behalf, we refer to them as your 'agent', even if they are not a tax agent.

    A trustee of an SMSF can request SMSF specific advice on behalf of their SMSF. This advice applies to the members of the SMSF, and to any trustee that replaces the applicant trustee, for as long as the advice remains current.

    Last modified: 13 Aug 2021QC 22130