Submit your completed form and supporting documentation using one of these methods:
- Secure mail in Online services for business or Online services for agents, making sure your:
- topic is 'Superannuation'
- subject is 'SMSF Specific Advice'.
- Fax to 1300 669 846
- Post to:
Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3100
PENRITH NSW 2740
Don't use this form if you cannot provide specific details about the transaction or arrangement. Instead, you can write to us and request general guidance.
We only give SMSF specific advice if you provide sufficient details. We may decline to provide specific advice. Our decision to decline does not have formal review rights.
We can provide specific advice about the following topics:
- investment rules, including
- an investment by an SMSF in a company or unit trust
- acquisition of assets from related parties
- borrowing and charges
- in-house assets
- business real property
- in-specie contributions/payments
- payment of benefits under a condition of release.
We cannot provide financial advice. We will not provide specific advice if the request relates to:
- the complying status of your SMSF
- trustee covenants
- the residency status of your SMSF - you can apply for a private ruling as this is a tax issue.