JobKeeper payment – religious practitioner notices
If you are a religious institution and have been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be eligible to access the JobKeeper Payment.
If you have enrolled – or intend to enrol – for the JobKeeper Payment, you need to complete the JobKeeper religious practitioner nomination notice to:
- notify your eligible religious practitioners that you intend to participate in the scheme
- ask them if they agree to be nominated and receive payments from you as part of the scheme, and
- ask them to notify you of the total number of hours they spent pursuing their vocation as a religious practitioner with your institution in their reference period
- 80 hours or more, they are entitled to tier 1 payments
- less than 80 hours, they are entitled to tier 2 payments.
Note: If you have already enrolled and provided notification previously, you do not need to fill this form out again.
Both you and the nominated religious practitioner need to complete the form. You do not need to send this notice to us, however you should keep a record to document that your religious practitioner has agreed that you claim the JobKeeper Payment for them and, if applicable, whether they spent at least 80 hours in pursuit of their vocation as a religious practitioner with your institution.
Note: You should not use this JobKeeper religious practitioner's nomination notice for eligible employees. There is a separate nomination notice for employees. See nominating employees.
If you can't download the form, you can:
- order a copy online – search for NAT 75305-04.2020
- obtain a copy by phoning our publications ordering service on 1300 720 092.
Notification of hours
For fortnights from 28 September 2020, you will be entitled to the tier 1 rate for your nominated religious practitioner if they:
- spent 80 hours or more during their reference period in pursuit of their vocation as a religious practitioner as a member of your religious institution, and
- have provided you with a written declaration confirming this.
If the religious practitioner has not completed a nomination notice, this confirmation will be provided through the completion of the nomination notice.
If the religious practitioner has already completed a nomination notice, they will need to provide you with a written declaration confirming if they have spent at least 80 hours in pursuit of their vocation as a religious practitioner as a member of your religious institution. The declaration must contain the following:
- details of the religious practitioner
- full name
- contact phone number and/or email address
- a statement that the time they spent doing activities in pursuit of their vocation as a religious practitioner as a member of your religious institution during their reference period, was 80 hours or more.
The religious practitioner should keep records to show how they have come to this conclusion.
There is no prescribed way the form must be provided. The religious practitioner can submit the notice to the institution through:
- your internal business processes – for example, a business HR portal, or
- the religious practitioners own form of communication channel – for example, email.
The declaration does not need to be sent to us, but you should keep a copy of this declaration for your records in order to substantiate your claim.
Your eligible religious practitioner does not need to provide you with a written declaration if they spent less than 80 hours (in their reference period) in pursuit of their vocation as a religious practitioner as a member of your religious institution. The tier 2 rate will apply to that eligible religious practitioner.
For details about the information we collect see Privacy notice – JobKeeper.
Complete this form to notify eligible religious practitioners that you intend to claim the JobKeeper payment and ask them if they agree to be nominated by you.Last modified: 23 Sep 2020QC 62426