Show download pdf controls
  • Non-lodgment advice 2021

    Complete this form if you do not need to lodge a tax return for the 2021 income year.

    If you’re unsure whether you need to lodge, use our Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool to find out.

    For details about the information we collect see Privacy notice – Non lodgment advice.

    On this page:

    Submit a non-lodgment advice online



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    The quickest way to tell us you don't need to lodge is online through ATO online services via myGov.

    You will get immediate confirmation that you have fulfilled your tax obligations when you lodge online.

    Next step:

    Submit your non-lodgment advice via ATO online services

    You will first need to log in to myGov, select ATO then follow the steps below:

    • from the menu select, Tax
    • from the dropdown list select: Lodgments
    • select: Non-lodgment advice.

    If you don’t have a myGov account linked to the ATO, you'll need to set one up first.

    See also:

    How to access the paper 2021 Non-lodgment advice

    You can download this publication in Portable Document Format (PDF) – download Non-lodgment advice 2021 (PDF 188KB)This link will download a file NAT 2586 to lodge your non-lodgment advice by mail.

    For a printed copy of this form:

    • use our automated self-help publications ordering service at any time – you need to know the full title of the publication to use this service
    • phone our Publications Distribution Service on 1300 720 092.

    You can speak to an operator between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday. Before you phone, check whether there are other publications you may need – this will save you time and help us. For each publication you order, you need the full title.

    Last modified: 27 May 2021QC 64796