PAYG payment summary – employment termination payment
Use this form if you make an employment termination payment (ETP) to:
- an employee whose employment has been terminated
- a non-dependant because of an employee's death
- a dependant because of an employee's death if the taxable component of the payment exceeds the ETP cap
- a trustee of a deceased employee's estate.
If more than one type of ETP is made, you will need to complete a separate payment summary for each payment.
If the ETP is for a payment made prior to 1 July 2012, you must use the PAYG payment summary – employment termination payment (NAT 70868-04.2008) form.
You will also need to refer to the earlier How to complete the PAYG payment summary - employment termination paymentThis link will download a file (NAT 70996-04.2011, PDF, 111KB) instructions.
Do not use the PAYG payment summary – employment termination payment form for amounts you have withheld from payments of unused annual leave and long service leave.
How to obtain this form
To obtain a printed copy of this form:
- use our automated self-help publications ordering service at any time. You need to know the full title of the publication to use this service.
- phone our Publications Distribution Service on 1300 720 092. You can speak to an operator between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday. Before you phone, check whether there are other publications you may need – this will save you time and help us. You need the full title for each publication you order.
You can download a sample of this publication PAYG payment summary – employment termination paymentThis link will download a file (NAT 70868-02.2014, 279KB) in Portable Document Format (PDF).
Last modified: 05 Aug 2015QC 26159