Withholding declaration

How to obtain copies of this publication

You can download a printable version of the Withholding declaration form (NAT 3093, 321KB) in Portable Document Format (PDF).

Who should complete this declaration?

You should complete this declaration if you want:

  • your payer to adjust the amount withheld from payments made to you
  • to advise your payer of a change to information you previously provided in a Tax file number declaration (NAT 3092).

The Withholding declaration form (NAT 3093, 233KB) is a fillable PDF that can be completed online, saved and printed. You will need to select each field to complete. If you prefer to complete by hand, print a blank copy of the form.

These instructions are current to 30 June 2017.

You must lodge a new declaration if either:

  • you leave your current payer and start to receive payments from a new payer
  • your circumstances change.

If you give the wrong information, you may have insufficient amounts withheld from payments made to you and this may result in a significant tax debt at the end of the income year.

Last modified: 20 Jul 2016QC 16347