Show download pdf controls
  • Is this the right form for you?

    Complete this declaration if the following applies:

    • you have completed a Tax file number declaration (NAT 3092) with your current payer and you now want to    
      • advise your payer that you have become, or ceased to be, an Australian resident for tax purposes
      • claim or discontinue claiming the tax-free threshold
      • advise your payer of your Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), VET Student Loan (VSL), Financial Supplement (FS), Student Start-up Loan (SSL) or Trade Support Loan (TSL) repayment obligations, or make changes to them
      • claim your entitlement, or vary your entitlement to a tax offset (including the seniors and pensioners tax offset – SAPTO).

    Downward variation

    You can apply to reduce the rate or amount of withholding if you believe that you will have too much tax withheld from your pay for the year. To apply, you must complete a PAYG withholding variation application and send it to us.

    Upward variation

    If you want to increase the rate or amount of withholding from your pay you can now do so by providing a written request to your payer.

    See also:

    Last modified: 03 Jul 2019QC 16347