Show download pdf controls
  • Getting help

    If you’re running a business or just getting started, there are lots of ways you can get help with your tax:

    Watch our short story to see how we can help your small business



    Business tax infoline

    If you need help, phone the Business tax infoline on 13 28 66 (8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm, Saturday). We can help you get your business taxes sorted.

    When you phone, we'll ask you for your ABN and other details. If we don’t know the answer to your question straight away, we'll get an expert to phone you back.

    Small businesses can also arrange a call-back using the Small Business Assist online booking formExternal Link.

    Other ways to get help

    We provide support for businesses in a number of other ways, such as information, calculators, tools and videos on our website. There's also the Small business newsroom where you can read the latest updates for businesses.

    See also:

    Using a registered tax or BAS agent

    If you want someone to help you with your paperwork and lodging tax documents, you can pay a registered tax agent or business activity statement (BAS agent).

    A tax agent can help you with your tax and business activity statements.

    A BAS agent can help you with your business activity statements, but not with other things to do with tax.

    When choosing a tax or BAS agent, make sure they’re registered. To find out if a tax agent is registered, phone the Tax Practitioners Board on phone 1300 362 829 or visit their website.

    See also:

    Finding and using a tax practitionerExternal Link

    Last modified: 26 Nov 2020QC 39642