You may save time by dealing with us online. Most of your business reporting and transactions can be done online using:
In most cases, you'll need an Australian business number (ABN) and a myGovID before you can use these tools.
If you're a sole trader, you can prepare, lodge and pay your activity statements using our online services for individuals and sole traders. All you need is a myGov account linked to the ATO.
- Accessing online services with myGovID and RAM
- Online services for businesses
- Online services for individuals and sole traders
Most of your business reporting can be done using Online services for business. It's the main tool for businesses to manage their tax and deal with us online.
You can use Online services for business to:
- lodge your business activity statements (BAS)
- add or cancel registrations, such as goods and services tax (GST) and PAYG withholding
- create payment plans
- check your tax account balance
- request transfers and refunds
- update your business registration details
- send and receive mail through a secure mailbox.
Standard Business Reporting (SBR) makes online record-keeping easier.
When you have SBR-enabled business accounting software and a machine credential you can also prepare and lodge reports, forms and statements.
If you use online (cloud) software, you won't need a machine credential to interact with us. If you've been asked by your software provider to notify us, you must do this to ensure you can continue to interact with us securely using your cloud software.
- How to get SBR-enabled softwareExternal Link
- Machine credentialsExternal Link
- Cloud software authentication and authorisation