Show download pdf controls
  • Tax agents

    Most of your business reporting and transactions with us can be done online using the:

    • practitioner lodgment service (PLS)
    • electronic lodgment service (ELS)
    • Tax Agent Portal
    • Australian Business Register (ABR).

    You'll need an AUSkeyExternal Link security credential to access most of our secure online services.

    Practitioner lodgment service

    The PLS is replacing the ELS as the primary lodgment channel. PLS lodgments will need to be made using Standard Business Reporting (SBR)-enabled software.

    If you use desktop software, you can lodge reports to us directly through the PLS. You will need to have your AUSkey credentials up to date and accesses assigned for you and your staff.

    If you use online software, you won't need an AUSkey to interact with us. If you have been asked by your digital service provider to notify us, you must do this to ensure you can continue to interact with us securely through your cloud software.

    An AUSkey is required for you to access the Tax agent and BAS agent portals.

    See also:

    Electronic lodgment service

    The transition from the ELS to the PLS has been planned to deliver forms to the PLS at agreed milestones. Once these forms have been delivered they will not be available in ELS, and the PLS will be the only electronic channel to lodge them.

    We will maintain the ELS for forms that have not yet transitioned.

    The PLS is now your only electronic channel to lodge all 2017 and future year tax returns.

    See also:

    Tax Agent Portal

    The Tax Agent Portal is a key tool for interacting with us online.

    You can use it to:

    • view and update your clients' registration details
    • prepare, lodge, view and print activity statements for your clients
    • view client account information
    • request refunds and credit transfers on behalf of your clients
    • send messages to us on selected topics
    • test, lodge and download certain files using the file transfer function.

    See also

    Log in to Tax Agent Portal

    Australian Business Register

    You can access your clients’ ABN details online using the ABRExternal Link. Use your AUSkey to log in to:

    • change secure ABN information (for example, postal address and public officer) and receive confirmation of the change in the same internet session
    • apply for a tax file number (TFN)
    • register for pay as you go (PAYG) or goods and services tax (GST).

    Next step:

    See also:

    Departing Australia superannuation payments (DASP) online system

    You can use the DASP online intermediary application to claim superannuation on behalf of your temporary resident clients who have departed Australia and no longer have active visas.

    Log in to the DASP online system

    See also:

    Last modified: 03 Apr 2018QC 40975