Most of your business reporting and transactions with us can be done online using the practitioner lodgment service (PLS), the electronic lodgment service (ELS), Tax Agent Portal and Australian Business Register (ABR).
You'll need an AUSkeyExternal Link security credential to access most of our secure online services.
Practitioner lodgment service
The PLS is replacing the ELS as the primary lodgment channel. PLS lodgments will need to be made using Standard Business Reporting (SBR)-enabled software.
If you use desktop software, you can lodge reports to us directly through the PLS. You will need to have your AUSkey credentials up to date and accesses assigned for you and your staff.
If you use online software, you won't need an AUSkey to interact with us. If you have been asked by your provider to notify us, you must do this to ensure you can continue to interact with us securely through your cloud software.
An AUSkey is required for you to access the Tax agent and BAS agent portals.
Electronic lodgment service
Using the ELS you can lodge your clients' income tax returns and other tax forms electronically.
You can also access a number of reports in the ELS to help you manage your workload.
The ELS will remain available until 31 March 2017 to ensure tax professionals have access to an online service as we transition to PLS.
Tax Agent Portal
The Tax Agent Portal is a key tool for interacting with us online.
You can use it to:
- view and update your clients' registration details
- prepare, lodge, view and print activity statements for your clients
- view client account information
- request refunds and credit transfers on behalf of your clients
- send messages to us on selected topics
- test, lodge and download certain files using the file transfer function.
Log in to Tax Agent Portal
Australian Business Register
You can access your clients’ ABN details online using the ABRExternal Link. Use your AUSkey to log in to:
- change secure ABN information (for example, postal address and public officer) and receive confirmation of the change in the same internet session
- apply for a tax file number (TFN)
- register for pay as you go (PAYG) or goods and services tax (GST).
Departing Australia superannuation payments (DASP) online system
You can use the DASP online intermediary application to claim superannuation on behalf of your temporary resident clients who have departed Australia and no longer have active visas.
Log in to the DASP online system
A number of online services are available to tax agents, including the Tax Agent Portal, practitioner lodgment service, the electronic lodgment service and the Australian Business Register.