Show download pdf controls
  • Splitting amounts to your spouse

    If you're planning to split all or part of your contributions with your spouse but you also want to claim a tax deduction for them, you must give the notice of intent to claim a deduction first.

    After you have notified your fund of your intention to claim a deduction, you can then lodge a Superannuation contributions splitting application (NAT 15237) with them.

    If you lodge these the other way round and your fund has accepted your application to split your contributions, they can't accept the notice to claim a deduction.

      Last modified: 01 Jul 2021QC 20139