Show download pdf controls
  • About this question

    Total supplement income or loss image from tax return for individuals (supplementary section) form.

    Step 1



    This information may not apply to the current year. Check the content carefully to ensure it is applicable to your circumstances.

    End of attention

    Add up all the income amounts in the right-hand column of items 13 to 24 on your tax return (supplementary section). Include any primary production and non-primary production deferred non-commercial business losses added back at item 16.

    Step 2

    Add up all the loss amounts - if any - in the right-hand column of items 13, 14, 15, 17, 20 and 21.

    Step 3

    Take away the amount you worked out at step 2 from the total income amount you worked out at step 1. Your answer is your total supplement income or loss.

    Step 4

    Write your answer from step 3 at TOTAL SUPPLEMENT INCOME OR LOSS on page 15 of your tax return (supplementary section). Do not show cents. If you made an overall loss, print L in the LOSS box at the right of TOTAL SUPPLEMENT INCOME OR LOSS.

    Step 5

    Transfer the amount you wrote at TOTAL SUPPLEMENT INCOME OR LOSS to I on page 3 of your tax return. If the amount was a loss, print L in the LOSS box at the right of the amount.

    Step 6

    Go to Total income or loss to calculate your Total income or loss - then work through the Deductions section.


    If you were 55 years old or older on 30 June 2011, you may be entitled to the mature age worker tax offset. Certain income from items 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20 and 24 will be used to calculate your net income from working. You will need to show this at item T12 Net income from working - supplementary section. We will then calculate your mature age worker tax offset entitlement.

    End of danger

    Where to go next

      Last modified: 29 Jun 2011QC 25514