ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Getting help

Whether you're running a business or just getting started, there're a lot of ways we can help with your tax and super.

Last updated 28 July 2022

Watch our short story to see how we can help your small business

Business tax infoline

If you need help, phone the Business tax infoline on 13 28 66 (8 am to 8 pm, Monday to Friday and 10 am to 4 pm, Saturday). We can help you get your business taxes sorted.

When you phone, we'll ask you for your ABN and other details. If we don’t know the answer to your question straight away, we'll get an expert to phone you back.

Other ways to get help

We provide support for businesses in other ways, such as information, calculators, tools and videos on our website, including:

Using a registered tax or BAS agent

If you want someone to help you with your paperwork and lodging tax documents, you can pay a registered tax agent or business activity statement (BAS agent).

A tax agent can help you with your tax and business activity statements.

A BAS agent can help you with your business activity statements, but not with other things to do with tax.

When choosing a tax or BAS agent, make sure they’re registered. To find out if a tax agent is registered, phone the Tax Practitioners Board on phone 1300 362 829 or visit their website – see Finding and using a tax practitionerExternal LinkExternal Link.