Manage your tax and super any time using ATO online including myTax, ATO app or our self-help phone services.
Individuals and sole traders can use ATO online services to access information and manage their tax and super affairs in one place.
To access ATO online service you need to create a myGov account link it to the ATO, then you can use the service to:
- Manage your personal and tax details – such as find your TFN or ABN, manage your address, phone number and bank account details
- View your tax information – such as access your employment income statement, check your account balance, and find and print your notice of assessment
- Lodge and pay your tax – use myTax to lodge online, track the progress of your return, and make payments or a payment plan
- Manage your lodgments as a sole trader – lodge activity statements, manage PAYG instalments, and print copies of lodged statements
- View, manage and access your super – check your super balance or search for lost super
- receive your notifications and communications from us in your myGov Inbox.
Lodge online using myTax
You can use myTax through ATO online services or the ATO app to:
- lodge a tax return from the 2016 income year onwards
- lodge your 2014 and 2015 tax returns, if you're eligible
- review your tax return before you lodge and print a copy
- see an estimate and breakdown of your refund or debt (tax owing)
- lodge your refund of franking credits claim
- review or print your tax return from 2015 onwards
- submit a non-lodgment advice to advise us you don't need to lodge
- amend errors in your tax return from 2015 onwards (if eligible).
Use the ATO app to access and manage your tax and super on the go, you can:
- quickly access your account – set up a login using your mobile device's security features like face and fingerprint recognition.
- prepare and lodge your tax return, and follow the processing from start to finish
- record information such as work-related expenses and other deductions with the myDeductions tool and upload these records at tax time
- view in real-time when your lodgments and payments are due and seamlessly action them
- access features and tools to help you manage your tax and super, such as the tax withheld calculator or ABN lookup tool.
To access ATO online services through the ATO app you need to:
Our self-help phone service is an automated service, where you select options using a phone keypad.
Use our Individuals self-help phone service to:
- track the progress of your tax return
- search for your lost super
- apply for a franking credits refund
- make a payment arrangement for a debt that is less than $200,000
- order publications and forms
- retrieve your existing tax file number.
Before you phone us, make sure you have your TFN to identify you. If you don't have your TFN we may need further details to identify you.
Order a paper publication by phoning the automated ATO Publications ordering serviceExternal Link. Or you can download and print or submit an order for publications online.
Our staff are available in the following Services Australia service centres to help you access our self-serve facilities online between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm:
- Dandenong Service CentreExternal Link from Monday to Friday
- Parramatta Service CentreExternal Link from Monday to Friday
- South Brisbane Service Centre on Tuesday and Friday
- Torrensville Service Centre on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
We encourage you to try to find a solution online before attending a service centre.
Authorised by the Australian Government, Canberra.Manage your tax and super any time using ATO online including myTax, ATO app or our self-help phone services.