You must complete a business activity statement for the tax period your registration cancellation 'date of effect' occurs in. You must report all the following information:
- all sales, purchases and importations made in your final tax period, including
- the sale of the business
- the sale of any of the business's assets
- adjustment for any assets held after cancellation
- any other adjustments.
If you operate on a cash basis, you will need to record all the sales and purchases that you still need to attribute from a previous tax period.
You will need to lodge any outstanding business activity statements and account for any outstanding GST amounts.
If you still have PAYG withholding, PAYG instalments or fringe benefits tax obligations, continue to report these obligations to us on an instalment activity statement.
- Making an adjustment on your activity statement
- Adjusting for assets retained after cancelling GST registration