ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Individuals and families

Tax and super information for individuals and families.

Work out if you're an employee or contractor, what to do when you leave the workforce or go overseas for work.

How to apply for a tax file number (TFN), update your TFN details, where to find your TFN and what to do if it's stolen.

Your tax return is a form you can complete online or by paper, get help from a tax agent or our Tax Help program.

How individuals and businesses can make a payment to the ATO.

What income you need to declare, deductions and offsets you can claim and records you need to prove your claims.

Find out about the Medicare levy, Medicare levy surcharge and private health insurance.

Find out about the tax implications for your investments and assets, including properties, shares and crypto assets.

Find out about saving for retirement via superannuation, including self-managed super funds (SMSFs).

Explains income contingent loans for undertaking higher education, trade apprenticeships and other training programs.

Information about managing tax and super if you experience financial difficulties or disasters.

What to do when someone dies, getting authority to deal with the ATO, lodging a final tax return, and trust tax returns.

Coming to Australia to live, study or holiday or going overseas can affect your residency and the tax you pay.

We're committed to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and want to help create a better future.

How Norfolk Island residents and businesses can meet their tax and super obligations.

If you have a disability, you and your carer could be eligible for tax and super concessions and exemptions.