ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Jobs and employment types

Work out if you're an employee or contractor, what to do when you leave the workforce or go overseas for work.

Find out about specific rights and obligations you have as an employee and general information about starting a job.

Find out the main differences between working as an employee or contractor and how you should be receiving your income.

Check if you're a contractor or employee and if you need to register for an ABN or certain tax roles.

Australian residents working overseas must be aware of their tax obligations before they leave Australia.

How to determine if your activities are part of the sharing economy and the impact on your super and tax.

Find out if you are receiving personal services income (PSI) and if the PSI rules apply to you.