Charity tax concessions endorsement is where we approve an organisation to access concessions such as income tax exemption, GST concessions and FBT concessions.
Charity tax concessions endorsement is only available to charities registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). If your NFP organisation is a charity that chooses not to register with the ACNC, it cannot apply for endorsement with us and it will not be exempt from income tax.
To be endorsed to access charity tax concessions, your charity must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be a registered charity with the ACNC
- meet any requirements relating to the particular charity tax concession you are seeking.
- Rules and tests for charity tax concessions endorsement
- Apply for charity tax concessions endorsement
- Review your charity tax concessions endorsement