If you have an Australian business number (ABN) we will pay refunds directly into your nominated financial institution account.
Generally, this account needs to be at an Australian branch and held either:
- in your company, business or trading name (this can also be held jointly with another business or individual)
- by a registered tax agent.
Your financial institution may offer real-time payment services using Osko or PayID.
The ATO is working towards improving the payment options available, but for now:
- the ATO can't pay using a PayID
- refunds from the ATO will not be real-time.
Changing your account details
You can change your account details:
- using our online services for individualsExternal Link
- using Online services for business
- by phoning us on 13 28 66
See alsoIf you're due a refund it will usually be paid into your nominated bank account.