Information you include in your business activity statement (BAS) must be complete and accurate. Keeping good records will help you meet BAS requirements and claim all the GST or fuel tax credits you may be entitled to.
You can choose to have a registered tax or BAS agent, or a bookkeeper, assist you with this.
Find out about:
- GST records businesses need to keep
- Pay as you go (PAYG) records
- Fuel tax credit business records – overview
- Luxury car tax (LCT) records – overview
- Wine equalisation tax (WET) records
- Index – Record keeping for business
- Record-keeping tips
Information about records needed for the fringe benefits tax instalment amount you include in your BAS, if applicable, is covered in the Records for fringe benefits tax return section.
See also:ATO information for businesses about the records you need to keep to help you meet your BAS reporting requirements and claim all your GST or fuel tax credits you may be entitled to.