It is a legal requirement to tell the Registrar of the Australian Business Register (ABR) within 28 days of changes to your registered business details.
These include changes to your:
- postal, email or business address
- main business activity
- Australian Company Number (ACN) or Australian Registered Body Number (ARBN)
- public officer (this must be in writing and include the public officer's name and a contact address)
- name of trustees.
You should also tell us about changes to your:
- entity name or business name registered with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission
- authorised contact person
- financial institution account details.
We use this information to update the ABR. We may pass on the changes to other government agencies where authorised to do so.
You can update your details:
- online through the Australian Business RegisterExternal Link or Online services for business
- by phone – if you're an authorised contact for the business, phone us – this is not applicable for adding or updating public officer details
- by lodging a form
- to authorise a custodian organisation, you need to nominate a custodian for certificate of residency and/or tax relief
- order the Change of registration details form (NAT 2943) using our online publication ordering service for businessExternal Link
- through your registered tax agent or BAS agent.
Only primary contacts including public officers, authorised contacts, registered tax agents, registered BAS agents, temporarily appointed tax professionals and specialist tax advisers can contact us on behalf of an entity.
Different entity types will have different primary contacts.
You may need to cancel or apply for newly appointed authorised contacts where applicable.
You should ensure any update to your authorised contacts includes a review of who has been authorised to act on behalf of your business in Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM)External Link.
Note: Authorisations in RAM will not change the authorised contacts for your business. To do this see How to update your details.You're required by law to tell us within 28 days when your business details change, such as address or associates.