Medicare levy calculator
The Medicare levy calculator allows you to estimate your Medicare levy for the past three income years, taking into account any entitlement to a reduction or exemption.
Medicare levy calculator 2016This link opens in a new window
The calculation should only take between two and 10 minutes to complete.
Information you may need
- your taxable income
- your spouse's taxable income
- if you are eligible for an exemption, the number of days.
This tool is unable to calculate your Medicare levy if you:
- had a spouse and they were eligible for Senior Australian Pensioner Tax Offset
- received exempt foreign employment income
- had any taxed element of a superannuation lump sum for which the tax rate was zero.
If you want to calculate your Medicare levy surcharge, you need to use the Income tax estimator.
Note: This calculator will give you an estimate only, based on the information you enter at the time. The actual amount will be determined once you have lodged your income tax return.
This calculator will help you work out your Medicare levy, including any half or full exemptions, and reductions based on family income. This calculator is available for the past three income years.Last modified: 09 Sep 2016QC 16846