Complete this schedule if your organisation is applying for endorsement as a deductible gift recipient under the category 'charitable services institution'.
The institution must be registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) as a charity.
Completing your schedule
If you are unable to download the schedule, you can order a paper copy by phoning us on 1300 130 248.
Who should use this schedule
Complete this schedule if your organisation is applying for endorsement as a deductible gift recipient under the category charitable services institution (item number 4.1.7).
Charitable services institution
A charitable services institution is an institution that would be a public benevolent institution, except that it also undertakes one or both of the following:
- It promotes the prevention or the control of diseases in human beings (but not as a principal activity).
- It promotes the prevention or the control of behaviour that is harmful or abusive to human beings (but not as a principal activity).
If your organisation does not qualify as a charitable services institution, check the DGR table to see if another category applies.
How to complete this schedule
In this schedule, when we say:
- ‘constituent or governing document’, we mean an organisation’s trust deed, constitution, rules, memorandum and articles of association, statute or charter
- ‘clause’ in the constituent or governing document, we mean a rule, section, paragraph or other element of the document.
This schedule should be completed by a person authorised by the organisation to act on its behalf.
You must complete this schedule in full. Schedules that are not completed in full will be returned to the applicant. If you cannot save a completed copy of this schedule, print a copy before closing the schedule.
For details about the personal information we collect from you see Privacy notice – Charitable services institution.
If you need help completing this schedule, phone us on 1300 130 248.
Lodging your schedule
Make sure you have completed the declaration at the end of the schedule and print the completed schedule.
If you are:
- completing this schedule as part of the ACNC charity registration application process, attach the completed schedule to the ACNC charity registration application form where indicated
- not completing this schedule as part of the ACNC charity registration application process, send the completed schedule with the Application for endorsement as a deductible gift recipient (NAT 2948) to
Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3373
PENRITH NSW 2740