ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Application for a continuing movement permission (export) – tobacco seed, plant or leaf

How to complete the export continuing movement permission form for tobacco seed, plant and/or leaf.

Last updated 21 May 2023

When to use this form

Use this form to apply for, or amend, a permission to export tobacco seed, plant and/or leaf on a continuing basis.

Although tobacco seed, plant and leaf are not excisable, they are subject to our control.

This permission will give you authority to move the goods to a place of export. Once you have this permission, you need to obtain authority to export from the Department of Home Affairs.

Get the form

The Application to move tobacco seed, plant and/or leaf – continuing movement permission (export) (NAT 12080, PDF 255KB)This link will download a file is an electronic form. You can type your answers straight into the boxes provided.

Help completing the form

These instructions will help you to complete the application form.

Section A: Type of application

Question 1

Indicate whether the application is for a new permission or to amend an existing continuing movement permission. If you are amending an existing continuing movement permission, provide the permission number.

Section B: Your details

Question 2

Provide the following for the person or business the permission will be granted to:

  • legal name
  • Australian business number (ABN)
  • contact details
  • email address if they have authorised to correspond with us by email.

Permission to move underbond goods will only be granted to the owner of the goods or to an agent acting on behalf of the owner. It is a condition of approving the movement that ownership of the goods is not transferred during the movement.

The permission holder is accountable for the goods from the time the goods are removed from the dispatching location until they are accepted by the receiving premises. Where any of those goods cannot be accounted for, they may become liable to an amount equivalent to the duty on those goods.

Section C: Contact details

Question 3

Provide the following for the person who is authorised to provide more information about this application:

  • name
  • position held
  • contact details
  • email address if they have authorised to correspond with us by email.

This could be yourself as the applicant, or another person you nominate.

Section D: Details of the owner of the goods

Question 4

The owner of the goods is the person or entity who holds legal title to the goods.

You must lodge separate applications for each owner of the goods.

If the permission holder is not the owner of the goods, provide the following for the owner:

  • legal name
  • ABN
  • address details.

We cannot process your application if written evidence of authority to act on behalf of the applicant is not attached.

Section E: Movement schedule

Complete the schedule and provide:

  • name, address and establishment number of the premises the goods will be moved from
  • the point of export where the goods will be moved to
  • a description of the goods
  • the quantity of goods to be moved per annum.

Section F: Declaration

You, or a person who is authorised to act on your behalf (an authorised contact), must complete the declaration. If the applicant is an entity, the declaration can only be completed by a primary contact or a person authorised by a primary contact.

Lodging your application

Before you lodge your application form, make sure you have:

  • completed all the relevant sections
  • included an authorisation letter from the owner, if the applicant is their agent.

Keep a copy of your completed application for your records. Lodge the original by mail to:

Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3514

Service standards

You can expect a decision on your application within 28 days of us receiving all the necessary information.

If your application is incomplete, we will contact you for more information. If the information we need isn't provided after a reasonable period, we'll ask you to reapply when you can provide it.

Contact us

If you need more information, you can contact us.