Who to contact if your business manufactures, produces or stores excisable goods in Australia.
You can use our dedicated channels to contact us if you manufacture, produce or store excisable goods (alcohol, fuel and petroleum products, or tobacco) in Australia.
- email us at
- phone us on 1300 137 290 between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- write to us at
Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3514
ALBURY NSW 2640.
We also have consultative the following forums for representatives of the alcohol and petroleum industries:
For more information about excise topics, see:
- Excise on alcohol
- Excise on fuel and petroleum products
- Excise on tobacco
- Excise equivalent goods (imports)
To contact the Department of Home Affairs, you can:
- phone 13 18 81 in Australia, between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm AEST, Monday to Friday (excluding national public holidays)
- visit their website at home affairs.gov.auExternal Link.
If you think someone may be engaging in tax evasion activities, we encourage you to report it to us by making a tip-off. You can also find the ATO tip-off form in the Help & support section of the ATO app.
The reporting process is confidential. It will help us support the Australian community and retain fairness in the excise system.Who to contact if your business manufactures, produces or stores excisable fuel or petroleum products in Australia.