ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Contact us about excise

Who to contact if your business manufactures, produces or stores excisable fuel or petroleum products in Australia.

Last updated 15 May 2023

ATO contacts

You can use our dedicated channels to contact us if you manufacture, produce or store excisable goods (alcohol, fuel and petroleum products, or tobacco) in Australia.

You can:

Australian Taxation Office
PO Box 3514

We also have consultative the following forums for representatives of the alcohol and petroleum industries:

For more information about excise topics, see:

Department of Home Affairs enquiries

To contact the Department of Home Affairs, you can:

  • phone 13 18 81 in Australia, between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm AEST, Monday to Friday (excluding national public holidays)
  • visit their website at home Link.

Confidential reporting of tax evasion

If you think someone may be engaging in tax evasion activities, we encourage you to report it to us by making a tip-off. You can also find the ATO tip-off form in the Help & support section of the ATO app.

The reporting process is confidential. It will help us support the Australian community and retain fairness in the excise system.