These instructions will help you complete the 2019 Fringe benefits tax (FBT) return.
You must lodge your 2019 FBT return if you have a fringe benefits tax liability (also called a fringe benefits taxable amount) for the year ending 31 March 2019 by 21 May 2019. This is unless:
- we accept a request you make for an extension of time to lodge
- a registered tax agent lodges your return electronically and meets our lodgment program requirements for FBT.
If you need an extension of time to lodge and you are:
- lodging through a tax agent, contact them
- not lodging through a tax agent, phone us on 13 28 66.
You can lodge your FBT return electronically, through your tax agent, or by using a paper form (NAT 1067).
Find out about:
- What's new in FBT
- FBT rates and thresholds
- Correcting a mistake on your FBT return
- Completing your 2019 FBT return – all employers
- 2019 FBT return calculation details – taxable employers
- Not-for-profit employers – completing your 2019 FBT return
- Fringe benefit categories
- Keeping records for FBT
- Calculation rates
- Worked examples – not-for-profit employers – completing your FBT return