If you’re unsure whether you need to lodge, use our Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool to find out.
The quickest way to tell us you don't need to lodge is online through ATO online services via myGov.
You will get immediate confirmation that you have fulfilled your tax obligations when you lodge online.
Next step:Submit your non-lodgment advice via ATO online services
You will first need to log in to myGov, select ATO then follow the steps below:
- from the menu select, Tax
- from the dropdown list select: Lodgments
- select: Non-lodgment advice
If you don’t have a myGov account linked to the ATO, you'll need to set one up first.
You can download this publication in Portable Document Format (PDF) – download Non-lodgment advice 2020 (PDF 162KB)This link will download a file NAT 2586 to lodge your non-lodgment advice by mail.
For a printed copy of this form:
- use our automated self-help publications ordering service at any time – you need to know the full title of the publication to use this service
- phone our Publications Distribution Service on 1300 720 092.
You can speak to an operator between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday. Before you phone, check whether there are other publications you may need – this will save you time and help us. For each publication you order, you need the full title.Complete this form if you do not need to lodge a tax return for the 2020 income year.