If you’re unsure whether you need to lodge, use our Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool to find out.
To get a copy of the form you can either:
- Download the Non-lodgment advice 2022 (NAT 2586, PDF 329KB)This link will download a file.
- Place an order to receive it by post or email using our publication ordering service.
The quickest way to tell us you don't need to lodge is online through ATO online services via myGovExternal Link.
You will get immediate confirmation that you have fulfilled your tax obligations when you lodge online.Submit your non-lodgment advice via ATO online services
You will first need to log in to myGovExternal Link, select ATO then follow the steps below:
- from the menu select, Tax
- from the dropdown list select, Lodgments
- select, Non-lodgment advice.
If you don’t have a myGov account linked to the ATO, you'll need to create your myGov account and link it first.Complete this form if you do not need to lodge a tax return for the 2022 income year.