Get the information and schedules that you may need to complete and attach to your tax return.
Complete only one copy of the appropriate schedule.
Attach all completed schedules to the Partnership tax return 2023 unless specified otherwise. If you lodge your tax return without all the required schedules, we may not consider it to have been lodged in the approved form.
If these instructions ask you to provide additional information, you must record any additional information on a separate sheet of paper.
Attach the additional information to the tax return and print X in the Yes box at the questions:
- Have you attached any 'other attachments'?
If, when you have finished completing this tax return, you have not attached any document to it, print X in the No box.
You need to complete an International dealings schedule 2023 if, in 2022–23:
- you had attributed foreign income
- the thin capitalisation provisions affected you
- you had overseas interest or royalty expenses, or
- the aggregate value of your transactions or dealings with international related parties (including the value of any property or service transferred or the balance of any loans) was greater than $2 million.
For further information on who must complete the schedule and help completing the schedule, refer to International dealings schedule instructions 2023.
Where a tax return is required because the partnership had a period in the income year when:
- it was not a member of a consolidated group or MEC group (a non-membership period), and
- any of the above 4 points applied in that period
complete an International dealings schedule 2023 where the thin capitalisation rules affect the partnership during the non-membership period.
For more information, see Appendix 3.
Complete a Non-individual PAYG payment summary schedule 2023 if you show amounts at any of the following sections of the partnership tax return:
- item 5 Income amounts at label C, D or B, or
- item 6 Tax withheld amounts at label T or U.
When PAYG withholding applies
PAYG withholding applies to several payments, including:
- payments for a supply where no ABN is quoted and no exemptions for quoting applied to the supplier
- payments arising from investments where no TFN or ABN is quoted
- certain payments to foreign residents prescribed in the Regulations.
If the payer withheld an amount from a payment to the partnership because the partnership did not quote an ABN, the payer should have sent a PAYG payment summary – withholding where ABN not quoted to the partnership.
If the payer withheld an amount from a payment to the partnership because of the operation of foreign resident withholding, the payer should have sent a PAYG payment summary – foreign employment to the partnership.
A payer may issue a receipt, remittance advice or similar document in place of the:
- PAYG payment summary – withholding where ABN not quoted, or
- PAYG payment summary – payments to foreign residents.
If the partnership did not receive or has lost its copy of a payment summary, contact the payer responsible and request a signed photocopy of the payer’s copy.
Show income subject to foreign resident withholding that has been included in a distribution received from other partnerships and trusts at item 8. A Non-individual PAYG payment summary schedule 2023 is not required for these distributions because they do not have an associated payment summary.
Completing the Non-individuals PAYG payment summary schedule 2023
Show the partnership’s TFN and name in the appropriate boxes at the top of the schedule.
From each PAYG payment summary – withholding where ABN not quoted form and PAYG payment summary – foreign employment, record on the schedule:
- payer’s ABN (or withholding payer number)
- total tax withheld
- gross payment
- payer’s name.
Lodging the PAYG payment summary schedule
When you have entered details of all these payment summaries on the schedule, attach the schedule to the partnership tax return.
Do not attach copies of any payment summary to the tax return. Keep them with the partnership’s copy of the tax return and keep a copy of the schedule with the partnership’s tax records.
Where the partnership is a member of a consolidated group or MEC group for the whole income year and amounts have been withheld from payments or distributions, the responsibility for preparing the schedule will rest on the head company of the group.
Where a tax return is required because you, the partnership, had a period in 2022–23 when you were not a member of a consolidated group or MEC group (a non-membership period), complete a Non-individual PAYG payment summary schedule 2023 where amounts have been withheld from payments or distributions to the partnership during the non-membership period.
Continue to: Worksheets