Use the Private ruling application form to apply for a private ruling for yourself or on behalf of another person or entity.
This form combines the previous 'tax professionals', 'not for tax professionals' and 'streamlined' private ruling applications into one form. This form is also used to apply for administratively binding advice (ABA).
We now provide greater guidance when applying for a private ruling whilst also recognising the significant skill and ability of our clients and intermediaries by providing the opportunity for business and tax practitioners to provide drafts of their own rulings.
How to get the form
Double clicking the form won't open it. The form will not load on a mobile device, tablet or within a browser.
To complete the form, you must save it to your desktop computer or laptop (with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat installed).
- To download, right click on the link below and select Save target as (or a similar option depending on your internet browser) to save it to your computer.
- Private ruling application (NAT 74957, PDF, 1.45MB)This link will download a file.
- Once you've completed your form, save it using the Save form button at the end of the form.
Tip: Update your default app for pdf file types to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to open all pdf files with Adobe Acrobat.
If you can't access this form, you can write a ruling application letter to us.
If you write an application letter, review the following information so your request is valid and complete:
- About your application – clearly explains the information we require in your advice request
- Reference guide for private rulings – more information about the completion of your application form.
Note: We are currently experiencing high volumes of application for certain private ruling topics and there may be a delay in contacting you in relation to your application.Use this application to apply for a private ruling for yourself or on behalf of another person or entity.