If you answer yes to all the points below, you can use this application.
Note: All the statements below relate to the income year 1 July 2007 to 30 June 2008.
- You do not have to lodge a tax return. (If you are not sure whether you need to lodge a tax return, phone 13 28 61.)
- You were an Australian resident for tax purposes for the whole tax year. (If you are not sure whether you were an Australian resident, see item 2.)
- You are not claiming a refund of franking credits for a deceased estate.
- Your total dividend income was $6,000 or less.
If you were under 18 years old on 30 June 2008, your total dividend income was $416 or less.
- You received dividends from shares (or non-share equity interests) in an Australian or New Zealand company.
You were entitled to distributions from investments in a managed fund.
- Your dividend or distribution statement showed franking credits.
Note: Statements from New Zealand companies must show Australian franking credits, New Zealand imputation credits do not qualify.
Amounts were withheld from your dividends because you did not provide a tax file number.
If you have franking credits but you were not able to tick all the boxes, you will need to lodge a tax return to claim the benefit of these credits.