All the criteria must apply for you to be able to use this application. All the statements below relate to the income year 1 July 2018 – 30 June 2019.
Criteria required to use this application for a refund of franking credits.
- You do not have to lodge a tax return (see Do you need to lodge a tax return?)
- You were an Australian resident for tax purposes for the whole income year (see Item 2 Were you an Australian resident for the whole period of 1 July 2018 – 30 June 2019)
- You are not claiming a refund of franking credits for a deceased estate
- Your total dividend income was
- $18,200 or less, or
- $416 or less if you were under 18 years old on 30 June 2019
- You received dividends from shares (or non-share equity interests) in an Australian or New Zealand company or you were entitled to distributions from investments in a managed fund
- Your dividend or distribution statement showed franking credits, or you had amounts withheld from your dividends because you did not provide your tax file number (TFN). Statements from New Zealand companies must show Australian franking credits (New Zealand imputation credits do not qualify)
You will need to lodge a tax return to claim the benefit of these credits if you have franking credits but all the criteria above did not apply.