In the last week of June 2015, a personalised refund application form is sent to certain organisations that applied for and received a refund of franking credits for the 2015–16 year. This includes the following organisations:
- charities that are endorsed by us as exempt from income tax
- entities endorsed by us as deductible gift recipients in their own right
- entities that are deductible gift recipients listed by name in the tax law
- entities that are prescribed as exempt institutions and eligible for a refund under the regulations
- public funds declared by the Treasurer to be developing country relief funds
- income tax exempt funds endorsed on or before 31 December 2013.
An income tax exempt fund, under repealed item 4.1 of section 50-20 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997, that was endorsed on or before 31 December 2013 is treated as an endorsed charity that is exempt from income tax. The fund can continue to use this application form.
- Read Instructions for refund of franking credits: NFP endorsed entities 2015 - 2016.
- View the Sample application for refund of franking credits (NAT 4131, PDF 224KB)This link will download a file
Note: This application form is provided as a 'sample only'. Do not complete and submit this copy of the form.
- Phone us on 1300 130 248 if your organisation wants to apply for a refund of franking credits but you have not received a refund package. You can also phone us to request replacement forms.
Complete the application in full and follow the instructions to avoid delays in processing your organisation's application.
- Refund of franking credits – frequently asked questions
- Review of your assessment and record keeping