- How to apply to defer or amend your payment
- When you can apply – time limits
- How to complete your application form
- Lodging your application
- After you have applied
- More information
You may be able to defer or amend your compulsory repayment for your:
- Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS)
- VET Student Loan (VSL)
- Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS)
- Student Start-up Loan (SSL)
- ABSTUDY Student Start-up Loan (ABSTUDY SSL)
- Trade Support Loan (TSL)
- HELP, VSL or TSL overseas levy.
You need to show that either:
- making your repayment has caused or would cause you serious hardship
- there are other special reasons that make it fair and reasonable to defer making your repayment.
If you aren't eligible to defer your compulsory repayment, you may be able to enter into a payment plan for your income tax debt (which includes the compulsory repayment).
Find out about Tax support for individuals.