Companies and other organisations can apply for a tax file number (TFN) online at abr.gov.auExternal Link.
- only need a tax file number (TFN), select
- Apply for an ABN (Australian business number)
- Applying for other registrations link
- need both a TFN and an ABN, select
- Apply for an ABN link – to apply for both at the same time.
The online option is available for a:
- other organisation – such as an unincorporated company, club or association.
Other ways to apply
You can also apply for a TFN:
- through your registered tax agent
- by completing the form Tax file number – application for companies, partnerships, trusts and other organisations (NAT 3799)
You can browse this form and download a copy from our website at online ordering.
Note: If you are a trustee or executor of a deceased estate, instead refer to Tax file number application or enquiry for a deceased estate
- ABN essentials
- Privacy notice – TFN – application for companies, partnerships, trusts and other organisations