ato logo
Search Suggestion:

Deductions that you show on the supplementary section of the tax return 2011

Complete question D if you claimed a deduction in the supplementary section in your tax return.

Last updated 28 June 2011

You need to use TaxPack 2011 supplement if you had any of the following types of deductions:

  • the deductible amount of the undeducted purchase price of a foreign pension or annuity
  • personal superannuation contributions
  • certain capital expenditure directly connected with a project
  • forestry managed investment scheme deductions
  • election expenses for local, territory, state or federal candidates
  • certain deductible capital expenditure you had not claimed in full before ceasing a primary production business
  • non-capital losses incurred on the disposal or redemption of a traditional security
  • insurance premiums paid for income protection, sickness and accident cover
  • deductible foreign exchange losses
  • interest you incurred on money borrowed to invest under the land transport facilities tax offset scheme or infrastructure borrowings scheme
  • debt deductions you have not claimed elsewhere that you incurred in earning assessable income or in earning certain foreign non-assessable non-exempt income
  • amounts deductible under the five-year write-off for certain business-related capital expenditure under section 40-880 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 (sometimes known as the black hole expenditure rule)
  • small business pool deductions for depreciating assets that you allocated to a pool under the former simplified tax system (STS) provisions, and you no longer carry on any business
  • a deduction for the net personal services income loss of a personal services entity that related to your personal services income
  • United Medical Protection Limited (UMP) support payments.
  • expenses you incurred in actively seeking paid work if you received Newstart allowance or were a Youth Allowance job seeker.

Did you have any of the above deductions?





Read below.

Answering this question

You can find the Tax return for individuals (supplementary section) 2011 at the back of TaxPack 2011 supplement. If you don't have a copy of this supplement, you can get one from most newsagents during the lodgment period (1 July to 31 October 2011). .

Completing your tax return

Step 1

Complete the details at the top of page 13 on your Tax return for individuals (supplementary section) 2011. Use TaxPack 2011 supplement to complete the DEDUCTIONS section on page 15 of your tax return (supplementary section).

Step 2

Transfer the amount you wrote at TOTAL SUPPLEMENT DEDUCTIONS on page 15 of your tax return (supplementary section) to D on page 4 of your tax return.

Where to go next