The ATO app is compatible with most phones and tablets using:
- iOS and iPadOS 15 or later
- Android 10 or later.
Check your device settings to find out if you can update your operating system.
If your operating system is no longer supported
If your operating system is not supported, you won't be able to install the ATO app.
If the ATO app is already installed on your device and your operating system is no longer supported:
- you will not receive updates through the App Store or Google Play
- you may not be able to access all authenticated features in the ATO app
- tools and calculators will not be up to date.
If your operating system is no longer supported, you will still be able to access myDeductions records, but you:
- should back up your records to a separate location before you update to a new operating system or device
- must update to iOS or iPadOS 15 to upload myDeductions records for the 2022–23 financial year.
For Android 8 and 9 users, myDeductions records for the 2022–23 financial year (and prior financial years) can still be uploaded to your tax return.
Permissions can be managed by going to Settings in your device and then ATO. This includes:
- Notifications – used to periodically remind you to back up your myDeductions records.
- Face ID – if supported on your device, you can set up quick login by enabling Face ID.
- Camera – the ATO app uses your camera if you choose the ‘Take photo’ option when adding a photo to an expense or income record in the myDeductions tool.
- Location – the ATO app uses your device’s location to track distance and to find your current location when adding a trip in the myDeductions tool. A precise location is required for iOS 14 or later.
To manage permissions on your Android device:
- Select Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Select ATO.
- Select Permissions (or similar depending on your device).
For Android 10 or later, the ATO app will ask for permission to access certain services to use different functions in the app. These messages are created by Google and can't be customised by us.
- Location – the ATO app uses your device’s location to track distance and find your current location when adding a trip in the myDeductions tool. Precise location is required for Android 12 or later.
- Notifications (Android 13 and later) – used to periodically remind you to back up your myDeductions records.