Super providers can find guidance about successor fund transfer (SFT) and intra fund transfer (IFT) obligations in the Successor and intra fund transfer reporting protocol.
The protocol provides guidance on:
- consistent application of the law and practical administration to manage impacts across the operating system
- limited-service periods to ensure there is minimal impact to employers and members
- digital identity management and Access Manager
- our perspective of industry best practice including across complex super processes connected to an SFT and IFT.
We updated the protocol in response to an increasing number of fund transfers. We incorporated industry feedback, drawing on their experiences and learnings from recent SFTs.
When acting on this guidance, you should:
- consider the individual circumstances of your members
- decide whether your action is appropriate.