Show download pdf controls
  • Small business advice

    On this page:

    If you are running a small business, you can request advice for a complex transaction that you are considering or have implemented.

    You can seek help via online services for agents if you are representing a client in a professional capacity as a:

    • tax agent
    • legal practitioner
    • intermediary.

    Issues we can help you with

    Information about the most common issues for small businesses is available online.

    If you have been unable to resolve your issue using our online information or by phone, you can use this service for complex tax technical interpretation queries including:

    • advice about new or changed legislation
    • complex tax law issues
    • help with legal interpretation.

    How you can connect

    If you are a small business with a complex tax question that you can't resolve, you can engage with us by submitting an advice request (PDF, 1.08MB)This link will download a file

    If you don’t include your correct contact details, including an Australian business number (when available), we may not be able to help you.

    Having trouble opening this form?

    We are aware that some users are having trouble opening and using some forms on our site.

    While we work to fix the issue, you can still access this form by downloading and saving the form to your desktop.

    If you cannot open the PDF or have further questions about how to ask us for advice, complete this form and we will send a copy of the PDF to your email address.

    How we resolve your issue

    Please make sure your contact details are correct. We will call to discuss your request and timeframes. We can often resolve your question by phone, but some issues may take longer to resolve, so we will keep you informed of the progress.

    Last modified: 02 Aug 2021QC 66533